Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm kind of drowsy today...

Yes.....it's one of those rare days when a lazy butt like me can actually go and just work his ass off. I'm so bloody spent today....
It starts with a 6:30 departure in the morn for a TEST. The sad part is we've got minus markings for the test....hehe
I'm so hopeless i must have just scored 80 out of 300. I then had this strong feeling in the bus nagging me all the time. I think it was the dire need for school and my notoriously fun class. I MISS SCHOOL................boohoohoo:(
But its okay, college starts tomorrow. Now it will lead to the point when school seems nothing and college is the best time of our life. School........i have a school of thoughts on this topic.
What is the meaning of schooling?

School, as far as experience tells me, can be viewed in two ways. Either it’s the place designed for simulating a dog-eat-dog world, or it’s the greatest place to hangout with friends. People take it many ways, some believe it’s a dog-eat-dog world, some say it’s only good enough for hanging out with friends, while some see it as a combination of both, as I personally do. Dog-eat-dog in the sense everyone is jumping at you, telling you study this, study that, get so much marks, top the class. It’s just giving us an idea of the innumerous people who swim for the medal in a huge race of humans.
I was pretty anti- rat race initially after i heard how 70 students fight for a seat in IIT. Seriously, IIT is too much of a cliche. I can't handle such super-cliches. But then, man has been struggling since history tells us. First it was food, then it was forming a civilized life, then it has been territorial problems, and the list for which man has struggled goes on and on....
This entrance exams writing thingy is just the newest struggle where we practice Darwinism. Survival of the fittest. I'm getting a bit fitter for my own good, in the end. So I got to study...lolz what a hypocrite I am. I say I hate studies and eventually I'm ACTUALLY spending 6 hours now for a test(the day before only, mind you .I must have done just a few hours more for my SSC!!!!)
Next time: What schools lack, according to me, in modern India. I seriously feel these shortcomings as a student!!!!

No comments: