Friday, August 15, 2008

Excavation experience


Today I was clearing up old junk…really boring but it sure beats studying Chemistry…lol :D
Just happened to rediscover lots of old stuff I had kept from my 3rd standard. A few of them:
A mirinda bottle cap with 100$ printed on it…part of a competition where one had to collect 500$ to win a GameBoy
My diver G.I.Joe I got free with a tube of Pepsodent. One legged, rigid due to the other leg being FeviKwiked. I used to tie the only foot with a thread and push him off places, like bungee jumping
A mini computer-lookalike I made out of cardboard! Complete with mouse, keyboard, mousepad and 2 CDs of Road Rash and Age of Empires
A plastic marble I had excavated from my ground floor playing days. Dug up and found this one, multiple faced, football like black marble. Reminded me of the one in Jumanji at the centre of the board.
A badge I had made with Agent Sidharth written on it. It’s even got VIP Acess and other such authority wielding names…
An X-Men card game I had made myself when I was in 6th standard. Didn’t really take off into a full-fledged game
My favorite bubble kit…I love the frog shaped bubble blower
Lots of good memories!!!

I guess that’s childhood well spent. Those were the days, always doing something new without any actual plans like I keep nowadays.
It’s fun to actually do stuff like this. There is no Indian Standard of Nerdiness, thankfully, but I’m sure I’ll score pretty high on a U.S. Standard of Nerdiness. I guess inventing a boardgame, making prank toys and drawing crazy cartoons is all part of nerdiness as defined in their laws and sections.
I THEREFORE PROUDLY DECLARE TO BE A NERD!!!!(a happy one for that matter)

No comments: