Saturday, November 15, 2008

10 rock songs to listen before you die

10 best rock songs of my life:
If I were to god forbid die tomorrow, these are the ten songs I would listen to before dying.

1: Stairway to Heaven-Led Zeppelin. The essential, the number one in terms of everything. It has the most soulful singing, the ethereal music, the excellent drums and the blistering solo. The best rock song of the entire span of genre.
2: Sweet Child O’ Mine-Guns N’ Roses: The song that got me hooked on rock. This is my grassroots song. This must have been the first song I must have listened to countless number of times.
3: Alive-Pearl Jam: This song had some quality to it that really changed my stereotype rock likings. The open verses have lyrics narrating a powerful story and the solo awe-inspired me to once take off my shirt and air-guitar>;D
4: Smoke On the Water- Deep Purple: The first power chord of the universe by Deep Purple, exclusive. Also my first song I learned on guitar. Beautiful for its simplicity.
5: November Rain- Guns N’ Roses: This song has great value for its orchestral music fused with great 80’s rock. Awesome.
6: Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana: Prides itself for stripped down, revolutionary grunge music. The big change of the 90’s, my birth decade. Generation X.
7: Nothing Else Matters- Metallica: The song shows an aggressive dose of metal and a mind numbing solo with extraordinary orchestral music. My second favourite power ballad.
8: Rock You Like A Hurricane- Scorpions: Mindless rock n’ roll!!! Great chorus and even better guitars.
9: Voodoo Child- Jimi Hendrix: The song that taught me to appreciate old music. The most extreme of its kind in its times, this song is the origin of all great guitarists to emerge afterwards.
10: Iron Man/In The End-Black Sabbath/Linkin Park: I wished to give this slot to two bands and two songs. One is a heavy hard hitting song from the 70’s-80’s metal origin era. The second is a revolutionary 2000’s song that is like cyber-metal. Nu-metal, to be specific. Both share this position in my mind.

No comments: